Friday, January 6, 2012

Theme for 2012


I have noticed many people out there are publicly posting their resolutions, maybe to be held accountable?

I get that. 

Although I have tried new years resolutions in previous years I have found that I have the personality that I need to remember that everyday is a clean slate rather than every year or else my goals would be botched January 2nd.

So this year I decided I would have a theme instead of resolutions.

My theme for 2012 is:

Be Prepared.

No, I don't feel the Mayans were ominously prophesying the end of the world in 2012 with the end of their calendar.

However,  I do feel I am not exempt from natural disasters or unplanned circumstances.

Also, I just know that I am a much happier and relaxed person when I know I am prepared.

So what does being prepared entail? 

Good question. 
The more I do research / think about it, the more I feel overwhelmed. 
So, I will be taking this year to little by little get prepared and if you are interested I will be posting about it.

I have a long way to go. 

Luckily my parents gave us a jump start with a 72 hour kit for Christmas. It is amazing.

You know how when you get so excited about a vacuum or a kitchen appliance you know you are officially an adult? 

Somehow having a baby has a similar effect, except for now I know I will go to any lengths to protect my baby. So when we opened the 72 hour kit I felt pure relief, elation, excitement... all the good emotions.

I hope you join me on my journey for preparedness. 
Because this little lady is counting on me.



2 comments:

  1. I always feel overwhelming relief after grocery shopping. Having cupboards full of food, however soon it will be gone, makes me feel safe! Working on having some to fall back on someday too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute picture!! Good luck on your theme for the year. Being prepared is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete