I actually thought about this for a long time, there are many things that I really love and treasure. But if any of those items were lost, don't get me wrong I would be sad, but I wouldn't be devastated. So what item do I have that is above all my most treasured?
And then it clicked, the thing I treasure most is my Temple Recommend. Not that I treasure a piece of paper, but I treasure what that piece of paper means. It means I am living my life in accordance to how I know my Heavenly Father would want me to live. It means I am able to be in The Lord's House, a place where He dwells and His Spirit is unrestrained.
Hands down my favorite memory would be my wedding day. What is not to love about being surrounded by every single person I love and becoming the wife of the most amazing man I have ever met?
It was a great day!
#2 favorite memory: (I should say memories) When I lived in Paris. My life felt like a movie it was so perfect. I took this picture one Sunday morning.
Favorite Memory #3: Fall Semester 2006.
Living with Lizzy was a blast! I think the picture below sums up that entire semester, a constant adventure.
It was Halloween night and we were sitting in the kitchen polishing off a couple of bowls of taco soup as our roommates headed out to a party after hours of getting ready and wearing costumes they had spent weeks preparing. At about 9:00 I looked and Lizzy and ask if we should go out? (there were a few parties that sounded decent). she said sure and then proceeded to say "But whatever we wear I want to be pregnant." "OK," I say, because you see, random things like that just really weren't random at all when living together. At that point we walk over to my closet, pull out the 3+ boxes of costumes I have, and in a few minutes we were ready to go.
We got to the party and danced our little hearts out! We also spent a lot of time at the refreshment table as we devoured our way through free food, it was great retaliating the disgusted stares with the explanation that we were eating for two. And of course we spent ample time asking plenty of guys if they wanted to be our baby's daddy? We got a few disgusted stares there too... and we got a good laugh.
Well this isn't a picture of mynight per se, but it's a picture of my favorite part of the night. I guess some people call it twilight, but I like to call it the blue part. To me, there is something so invigorating maybe even magical... can you feel it?
I have never done a blog challenge, and to be clear, no one has challenged me to do a blog challenge. But I do what I want.
So without further ado:
Day 01: Picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
(This is an old picture, but it sums me up)
1. I always try to drink as much water as I can every day, I like when I pee clear.
2. I loved that I had a pinata instead of a wedding cake at my reception (here) & (here)
3. The two things Trevor loves when I cook are: tuna melts and Philly Cheese Steaks
4. I usually only wash my hair twice a week
5. I am a zit popper! It is so satisfying ....poor Trevor
6. I feel that peanut butter is a divine flavor
7. My favorite way to eat m&m's is to put them up on the dashboard and let them get all melty.
8. If I could have anybody's singing voice in the world I think I would want Eponine's from Les Miserables. Or Hayley Williams.
9. The only real talent I think I have is my ability to remember dates. I excelled in history, art history, and birthdays. I am almost at the rain man quality. (please do not confuse this with numbers, I am not good at math... just dates.)
10. I love my job.
11. I would move to Europe in a heartbeat.
12. Favorite Holiday: 4th of July
13. Favorite artist: John William Waterhouse
14. I wish I could be one of those people who always has perfectly polished finger nails. But about a day after I paint my fingers I start picking it all off... then it's chipped and ugly for weeks.
15. I very much enjoy talk radio. I mostly listen to Glenn Beck and Dave Ramsey. I think they are both brilliant.