Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Let's Talk about Poop

In particular, baby poop.

Don't worry I don't have any graphic pictures.

We have been traveling a lot, and I don't know about you but I tend to get backed up when I travel. 
Apparently so does Bridget. 
Generally Bridge has been a good pooper, but lately she started pooping rocks (Not literally). The poor girl works so hard to get those solid little stools out.
I figured when we got back home things would regulate back out, that didn't necessarily happen.

I was trying so many things to try and soften things out, I was giving her more and more water, lots of vitamins and minerals,  trying different foods. 

Then I got wise, on accident because I am so smart. I am trying to eat healthier so I started making steel cut oats for breakfast. Oh man it's so good. The very first day we had oats for breakfast Bridget pooped the nice pasty poop 3 times! 

You mean to say fiber helps you poop?..... duh! 

I don't know about you guys but sometimes I complicate things that don't need to be complicated at all. I do this all the time, not just with parenting. 
For some reason I don't think of the simple solutions, because I can't possibly be healed just by looking at the snake on Moses's staff. 
Too easy.

Now lets talk about these steel cut oats. 
They are so yummy and incredibly good for you. 
I put it in my rice cooker to soak overnight, just plug it in and keep it on warm NOT cook.  
In the morning it is perfect and ready to eat:

I add peaches and cream. 
(Am I the only one who can't get enough peaches? Hands down my favorite fruit.)
You could put apples or any berries, so good.

Bridget gobbles it up! And she poops 3-4 times everyday. Sure we go through a lot of diapers but we celebrate bowel movements around here, so we couldn't be happier!

3 comments:

  1. So many conflicting emotions- part of me is hungry for steel cut oats, and part of me is thinking about poop and doesn't want to eat...! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BM's should be celebrated. Cody and I were just commenting on the amount of conversation about our children's BM's is alarming. Ahhh parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawnley loves cheese! I use to give it to her all the time. Then talking to her Dr she said to watch out because she could get stopped up.:-) Luckly-she love Yogurt. Activia is my best friend too. Too much info?;-)

    ReplyDelete