Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 28: Something I am afraid of

A picture of something you are afraid of:





I never really thought I was afraid of something specific. Don't get me wrong, I don't like spiders and snakes etc. but I can kill a spider without a major melt down and I have touched snakes in my life.


It wasn't until I lived in Las Vegas that I found out what I am really afraid of....






Cockroaches!





I know it may sound weird but they just plain creep me out! I don't really mind just one, but when there are a ton of them... and come Summer time in Las Vegas they are everywhere. I remember I would get home from work at night and they would be all over the sidewalks and in the gutters, lining the outside walls. I couldn't help but squash a few as I ran to my door and their crunch is aweful! Then once inside they would be all over! I remember once I came home and there were probably 15 scattered around the floor, I screamed and jumped up on the kitchen counter and was there for like a half hour before I got enough courage to run through what I was sure was going to be an ambush of every cockroach in the entire world the second I moved.





I would barely sleep even with towels blocking all the cracks in the doors because I was sure they would attack in the night.


Other than that I am pretty much fearless!

1 comment:

  1. Weird.
    I love cockroaches.
    I've lived with so many of the; I slept with them, ate them, hung out with them, and developed a mutual friendship with them. They're not so bad when you think of them as family. I mean, if you have to live with them...love them.
    I'm sad you never had that opportunity. They're not as bad as you say.
    Give em a chance! They deserve a chance!

    ReplyDelete