Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bridget's Room

I keep getting asked to post pictures of our new house. I decided I would take it one room at a time. Since Bridget's room is my favorite right now, I will start with hers.


 She loves the big open space in the middle. Her favorite is to run around in circles while I sing "If you're happy and you know it"
You can see her toy area. Trevor put up a shelf just high enough for her larger toys to fit under but then she has boxes of toys on top. It's easily accessible to her, easy to clean up, and the room still feels neat and organized.

 Of course there is a box of books right next to the chair. Bridget loves books.
I thoroughly believe a nice comfy chair is a necessity in any kids room especially a nursery. Doesn't matter what you get as long as it's comfy, the arm rests are padded and the back is high enough that you can lean your head back.
 I got my degree in Art History so I love all things art. I got this (Calder-esque) mobile and printed out some of my favorite works. It is always gently swaying and turning, I love it!
The picture on the wall is The Lady of Shalot by John William Waterhouse. 
Waterhouse is my all time favorite artist.


Our house was built in 1955 and these are the original hardwood floors.
Rug from Costco. Sooo comfy.

I am adding this picture I took of her room before we moved into it so you can see the actual size of the window. 
I love large statement things on walls; pictures, mirrors, windows, etc. The bigger the better. 
You can see that the window is actually not that big. 

But with the placement of the curtains it completely changes the window and the room. 
Sorry this picture is a little dark. But you get the idea.

And in case you were curious, here is the view of our backyard from Bridget's window. We have a half acre, we have a lot of plans for this yard! Starting with some nice thick grape vines along the back fence :)

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! that backyard!!! and i LOVE the mobile you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Backyard bbqs here we come! Well kinda. Invite the gallachers over in our place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the window!! I had to look at that twice just to admire the change. And I love the mobile. But then what else would you have, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete