Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favorite Books

I LOVE to read - I always have.

I think it stemmed from infancy, some of my earliest memories are climbing up on my moms bed at night to listen as she read us books. Now I know a lot of parents read to their kids at night, but this was different, she had 4 daughters right in a row so she read books like: Little Women, The House in the Snow, Emma. I am pretty sure I was 8 years old when I read (well listened to it read) Jane Eyre.

But of all the books I have read, and out of all my favorites I have picked just a few to share with you...
I started thinking about this on Sunday when I was talking to my little Sunday school class of 6-year-olds. I asked them what their favorite book was? They responded and then asked me what my favorite book was when I was 6, and with out hesitation I responded:
I loved this book growing up! To this day my favorite flowers are Lupines.
(I decided not to give a summery of my favorite books, you will just have to go read them, which is the best part anyway!)

This next book was elementry school. I moved when I was in 4th grade and this was the book I saught comfort in:
You would think I would like to run after reading this book, but I don't.
It might be hard to believe but I was really into Harry Potter growing up. In fact I loved the series before it was even a series (well before even the second book came out). These books were like 10 years of my life, my entire adolecence I was attending Hogwarts!


And now, finally, my all-time favorite novel (I can't say book, because I really do love the Book of Mormon the best)......



If you have not read this book I highly recommend it! I cannot count how many times I have read it, and every time I retract something new from it's wonderful story. Situations arise in my life and I can relate it to something in this book, and it always teaches me a lesson.
It's a must read!


No comments:

Post a Comment